3 C. rolled oats
2 C. of chopped nuts (I have done slivered almonds, cashews, and walnuts and they are all good! I would do at least two different kinds--1 cup each)
2 Tbsp. sunflower seeds (optional)
3/4 C. coconut
1/4 C. dark brown sugar
1/4 C. honey
1/4 C. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C. raisins
cinnamon and nutmeg (I don't measure, I just sprinkle some in)
Heat oven to 250. Combine oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar. In separate bowl mix honey, oil, and salt. Combine both and pour onto baking sheet. Cook 1 hour 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even coating and consistency. Add raisins after removing from the oven.
I have also added flax seeds to this, but I kept looking at them thinking they were little bugs in the granola :0), so I don't know if you want to do that or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment