I'm a mom who loves to cook/bake, but also trying to eat healthy and cook nutritiously for my family. This is just a place I can access when we are trying to figure out what to cook for the week. I don't claim perfection on these recipes, but we're trying through experimentation. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Chicken Tenders with Dipping Sauce


This is compliments of my cousin Chrissy. Nice healthy alternative to fried chicken! And tastes really great too!

1/3 cup flour
1 large egg, slightly beaten
salt and pepper
4 cups Rice Cereal
2 Tbsp vegetable oil (or EVOO)
1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders (I just had breasts, so I cut them into strips)
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard (Regular mustard works as well)
1/2 Tbsp honey

Preheat oven to 450. Place flour in a shallow bowl, and egg in a second bowl: season with salt and pepper. Pulse cereal and oil in a food processor (or blender) until fine crumbs form. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a third shallow bowl.

Coat chicken; first in flour; shaking of excess; then with egg, letting excess drip off; and finally in cereal mixture, pressing to help it adhere. Place on a baking sheet, and bake until light golden brown and cooked through, 10-15 minutes, turning over halfway through.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together sour cream, mustard and honey; season with salt and pepper. Serve tenders with creamy honey mustard dipping sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment