My two-year-old loves these. I have to make sure he doesn’t eat too many otherwise we pay for it later that day or the next. :0)
1 1/2 C. wheat bran
1 C. buttermilk (I use skim milk + 1 Tbsp. vinegar)
1/3 C. applesauce (unsweetened)
1 egg
1/3 C. brown sugar (I don’t pack it)
1/4 C. honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 C. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 C. raisins
1/2 C. chopped walnuts (optional)
cinnamon & nutmeg (I just pour some in—I don’t measure) (optional)
4 Tbsp. ground flax seed (optional - but it does make them a little more dense)
Mix wheat bran and buttermilk together. Let sit for at least 10 minutes. Mix all the other ingredients together and then add the wheat bran & buttermilk mixture. Pour into a greased muffin pan and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes (in a mini-muffin pan they take about 12-14 minutes). Let sit for a few minutes before removing from the pan onto a cooling rack. I think these taste better cold for some reason, so you might consider letting them sit for a couple hours before devouring. :0) Store in an air-tight container.
No comments:
Post a Comment