I'm a mom who loves to cook/bake, but also trying to eat healthy and cook nutritiously for my family. This is just a place I can access when we are trying to figure out what to cook for the week. I don't claim perfection on these recipes, but we're trying through experimentation. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Whole Wheat Cornbread

I've made this a couple times now and I think it's a good recipe.  It doesn't have too much sugar or oil in it either which I like.  Here's the link to the original recipe.  I cut the recipe in half and used a 9x9 pan instead of a 9x13.

1 C. whole wheat flour
1 C. cornmeal
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 C. honey
1/8 C. oil
1 C. milk
1 egg

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt.  Add the honey, oil, milk, and egg.  Mix just enough to moisten the batter.  Pour into a greased 8- or 9-inch baking pan.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment