I'm a mom who loves to cook/bake, but also trying to eat healthy and cook nutritiously for my family. This is just a place I can access when we are trying to figure out what to cook for the week. I don't claim perfection on these recipes, but we're trying through experimentation. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Chicken, Avocado, and Mango Burritos

I kind of just made this recipe up combining other recipes that I have.

1 onion, diced
2-3 tsp. of minced garlic
about 1/2 pound of chicken (boneless, skinless breast) cut into small pieces
1 red or orange bell pepper, diced
Taco Seasoning Mix
1 avocado; peeled, pitted, and diced
1 mango; peeled, pitted, and diced
1 jalapeno pepper, de-seeded and dice
about 1/2 C. of minced cilantro
juice from 1 lime

Saute the onions on medium heat until they are just starting to get a little soft.  Add the garlic, chicken, bell pepper, and taco seasoning mix and cook until chicken is just barely done.  Combine mixture with all the other ingredients. 

I served these in corn tortillas, but flour works as well.  You could also add black beans, tomatoes. cheese, and/or corn to this.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm adding this to my "Lindsay" list and putting it on next week's menu. Your stuff is great. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete