Vegetable Lasagna
Ingredients
- 3 cups pasta sauce (like Classico Tomato and Basil or Spicy Tomato and Pesto)
- 16 ounces 2% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Approximately 4 cups mixed vegetables (I did about 5 cups or so and just packed as many vegetables as I could in the pan) (Some veggies that I liked in it are: spinach, shredded carrots, tomatoes, eggplant, mushrooms, and zucchini). I think fresh basil would also be really good in this if you have it.
Preheat oven to 400*. Spray 11 X 8 (I used a 9x13) glass casserole dish.
- Combine cottage and parmesan cheeses.
- Place 3 uncooked noodles in pan.
- Cover with 1 cup pasta sauce, 1/3 cheese mixture, 1/3 vegetables, and 1/3 mozzarella.
- Repeat 2 more times.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake one hour.
Makes about 8 servings, ~350 kcal per serving.
I used regular whole wheat noodles and didn't cook them beforehand. With all the juices from the vegetables it turned out great, but it took me a little longer than 1 hour to cook (like an additional 15 to 30 minutes). Our children really liked this, but once again I had to blend it up for them a little in our food processor otherwise they wouldn't have eaten the vegetables.
No comments:
Post a Comment