My changes to the original recipe are in blue.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For The Bowl
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 can black beans, not drained (I used dried black beans that I cooked myself, just add some extra water if needed)
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 1 cup frozen greens, such as spinach (I omitted this simply because I didn't have any, but I bet it would be good)
- Cumin, salt, pepper to taste (about 1 tsp each)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped fine
- 1 small mango, diced
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 diced tomato
- 2 tbsp chopped jalapenos (I deseeded mine so it wasn't spicy)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and cumin to taste (about 1/2 tsp each)
- Shredded jack cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Cholula
Instructions
- Cook rice per directions. Season with cumin.
- Add black beans, sweet potato, onion, and seasonings to a pot. Bring to high heat and reduce to low, simmering until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Add greens, cover and cook for 5 more minutes. You may need to add a splash of broth or water if it's too dry. Keep heat low to prevent this.
- Mix all salsa ingredients together and chill for 10 minutes.
- Layer rice, beans, cheese, salt and toppings to taste!

No comments:
Post a Comment