I'm a mom who loves to cook/bake, but also trying to eat healthy and cook nutritiously for my family. This is just a place I can access when we are trying to figure out what to cook for the week. I don't claim perfection on these recipes, but we're trying through experimentation. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Quick Stovetop Granola


http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Quick-Stovetop-Granola


Ingredients

  • 2 cups quick-cooking oats (I've also used regular oats before, but quick oats taste a little better. They aren't so chewy)
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/4 cup slivered almonds
  • 2 tablespoons raisins
  • 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
  • I also add a couple tablespoons of sunflower seeds.  I'm sure there are lots of other things you can add to this granola.

Directions

  • In a large nonstick skillet, toast oats over medium heat until golden brown (I also toast anything else that is raw-- almonds, coconut, sunflower seeds, etc). Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook and stir the brown sugar, honey and butter over medium-low heat until bubbly, about 1-2 minutes.
  • Stir in the almonds, raisins, coconut and oats until coated. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
We like to serve this with plain yogurt topped with strawberries and bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment